Saturday, July 13, 2013

Coming home ...

Coming home ...

I write this sitting on US airways number 22 for departure out of JFK heading home via Charlotte!



A family from Egypt 2 rows in front of me with a screening child who they won't even acknowledge, a black lady to my left who is cursing at the Egyptian family. One of the egyptian women has locked herself in the lavatory and won't take her seat - much to the disgust of the crew and passengers! 
We may end up returning to the gate --- dealing with the great unwashed is so much fun! Speaking of unwashed ... Their is a distinct smell of body odor in the air ... Mmmm nice!
I JUST WANT TO GO HOME!
I think I'm going to ask Santa for some noise canceling headphones for Xmas!

This rotation has been a long one. Flying in the north east of the US is stressful and tiring. Long days, lots of flights per day, complex airspace, rude people and challenging weather is starting to take its toll.
Fortunately I'm off now for 12 days (11 if this woman won't come out the bathroom), and I'm looking forward to some much needed R&R with Rach and the kids.

Flying into New Hampshire this week was very pretty - lots of lakes and rolling hills



I spent last night in Nantucket.
This island is about 30 miles south of cape cod (where the rich people live!), and reminds me very much of England. There are no hotels on the island so people visiting rent rooms in renovated houses. Very quaint, but for $400-1000 per night, I will only be staying when the company is footing the bill ;)





Becca has been working in Vermont and is enjoying spreading her wings for work. She will be traveling to Maine in the coming weeks - bring us back some lobster and clam chowder Becca!

Kiki, Robby and the baby Katherine are doing well. Apparently the babies nickname is "KatieBird" - I know a bird and she works for British Airways!

US AIRWAYS UPDATE .... We are now airborne, although we were very close to returning to the gate. I've just learned these Egyptians are also connecting in Charlotte on their way to Nashville - oh dear oh dear :(

Rachel and the kiddos went to Chick fil A the other day for "cow appreciation day!" LOL! 
The children received free food and prizes for dressing up as cows!

They look moo-valous!




That's it for now. I will end by saying - Rach, I know what your birthday pressie is hehehehehehe!


1 comment:

  1. Fabulous and your British sense of humour is still well intact! Love you guys x x x

    ReplyDelete